This site is developed, authored and hosted on vps servers by me, Bob Timms. Although I wasn't strictly an IT contractor or Web developer until I started Peachtree Webs, I've been working with the web, interactive media and networks since 1996 as one of my primary job responsibilities in sales and marketing. I started Peachtree Webs in 2006 after retiring from a 30 year career in the embedded computer systems industry.
Web Development Proficiency
While the majority of content I put in a site is added directly through the CMS interface the tools I use most regularly are (in no particular order):
- CodeLobster for code development & debugging
- Fireworks for graphics (also Photoshop and Corel Draw)
- Navicat for remote MySQL database data and structure synchronization
- Dreamweaver for content and css editing (non wyswyg mode)
- Browser testing using IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera
- Web Hosting Manger (WHM), cPanel, Putty (SSH), BitKinex (FTP) and phpMyAdmin for web hosting
I'm available for consulting and contract work. I can help with standards-based design and redesign, modern front-end development, accessibility evaluations and more. Please contact me at 678-358-5376 or complete our Contact form
This site is built on a solid foundation of valid HTML5 styled with CSS3 and using the Drupal 7 Content Management System (CMS). There should be no html or css errors so please let me know if you find any.
The majority of sites I develop, including this one is currently hosted by me on a vps server (far superior to shared hosting) located on a Class I data center in Atlanta. The sites I host have enjoyed over 99% up-time in the last 5 years.